The Machine Shop Manager has the overall responsibility of leading, training, and directing day-to-day supervision of both machine shop operations & staff; as well as organizing production activities to support cost reduction targets, on-time deliveries, and quality shipment of all Serpa Packaging machines.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Supervise all hourly employees on their shift in the machine shop.
- Handle all employee issues and recommend disciplinary action per company policy.
- Responsible for all for safety initiatives on the shop floor, including employee safety and PPE
- Maintain good housekeeping in the machine shop.
- Monitors daily production schedules for the shop floor.
- Train, coach, & motivate department personnel for high Quality and Efficiency Goals.
- Ensure effective use of resources.
- Maintain required quality levels and adhere to Serpa’s accepted manufacturing standards.
- Support root cause analysis of quality issues and implement corrective actions
- Lead the initiative to optimize the fabrication shop’s effectiveness in achieving company-wide objectives in alignment with budget and timeline
- Develop working relationships and cross-functional communication skills to disseminate pertinent information: face-to-face, in writing, or via telephone/email
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills; as well as a demonstrated ability to build positive partnerships, while working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
- Function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative.
- Familiarity with fundamental State and Federal laws regarding employment including but not limited to: Discrimination, FLSA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, & Harassment.
- Must have a passion for developing and making others successful
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped spaces
- Physical effort that may include the lifting of light weight supplies and materials (10-25 pounds) and occasionally moving up to 50 pounds
- Typical schedule varies depending upon site operational needs, flexibility required